Learn how to roast vegetables in your oven in this flavourful balsamic vinegar marinade! Great for easy meal prep and they come out juicy and delicious!
It’s amazing how many ways there are to cook vegetables. Steamed, boiled, grilled, sautéed, roasted…the list goes on. Roasting is definitely one of my favourite ways to enjoy them though. I want to show you how to roast vegetables, any vegetables your heart desires really, to really maximise the deliciousness of these vegetables. Best part? They’re roasted in a divine balsamic vinegar marinade. Yes, please!
The thing about roasting veggies is that they are just so easy to do. It’s probably one of the easiest ways to prepare them. It’s very unlikely that you’ll over or undercook them, and it’s as simple as marinading, setting in the oven, and letting nature do it’s thing. By nature I of course mean your oven’s heat, but, you get my drift.
Vegetables get transformed from their raw state to a melt in your mouth form loaded with so much divine flavour.
Now, I used what veggies I had in the fridge, but you can roast pretty much any vegetable successfully. Feel free to try it with sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts…the world is your (veggie) oyster!
A few things may actually affect how long to roast your veggies for. The timings vary a bit from veggie to veggie, oven to oven, and cut to cut. If you cut smaller chops of carrots, they’ll roast quicker, vs thick chops. Keep all of this in mind when roasting. I essentially did smaller versions of all my veggies for my roasting. The important thing is to keep your cuts uniform. You want all of your veggies to finish around the same times, to absorb a similar amount of marinade, and to cook evenly.
Lastly, I LOVE these for meal prep! They go with pretty much every meal, and taste so good. Eat up, and enjoy!
COOK TIMES FOR ROASTING VEGETABLES
Tomatoes, Eggplants, Zucchinis and Bell Peppers: 15 to 20 minutes
Carrots & Onions: 25 minutes to 30 minutes (check at 25 minutes)
Broccoli, Cauliflower and brussels sprouts: 15 to 25 minutes
Sweet Potatoes: 30 to 45 minutes
How To Roast Vegetables (With Balsamic Vinegar Marinade)
Veggies, all uniformly cut
- 1 large zucchini, chopped and diced
- 1 Eggplant, sliced
- 2 Bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced or chopped
- 2 beef tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely diced
- Juice of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the Balsamic Marinade ingredients together. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the veggies up on your baking sheet. Ensure that you give your veggies some room to roast. I actually split everything in the picture onto three different baking sheets to give them some space. You may even want to split them based on cooking them.
- Pour the marinade over the veggies and rub them into the veggies. You can do this separately, or just mixed them all in. I kept mine separate for the pictures. Try not to leave a pool of marinade on the baking sheet, and instead, try to rub all the marinade into the veggies.
- Roast the veggies according to their appropriate times. Remove from oven once roasted. Some of the veggies may looked blackened but they aren't burned: it's the balsamic vinegar.
- Tomatoes, Eggplants, Zucchinis and Bell Peppers: 15 to 20 minutes
- Carrots & Onions: 25 minutes to 30 minutes (check at 25 minutes)
- This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten free. The cooking time may vary based on your oven so keep an eye on the vegetables to ensure they aren't either overcooked or undercooked.
- HOW TO STORE VEGGIES
You can keep the veggies in an air tight tupperware container for around 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
If you’ve tried this post on How To Roast Vegetables, please let me know in the comment section below, or tag me on instagram with the hashtag #jessicainthekitchen! For more exclusive recipes follow me on Instagram AND on Snapchat: jessinkitchen.