How To Make Tahini with only two ingredients! The results are a smoky tahini that tastes amazing in dips.
Today I want to show you how to make tahini, which is super easy to make. Tahini is made up of sesame seeds and olive oil, and I like to toast it to add some flavour. While you wouldn’t just eat tahini by itself, it adds SO much flavour and depth to your hummus, your dips and spreads.
I’ve had hummus for years now, and decided to try it finally with tahini in there.
Whaaat? The flavour profile was not only 10 times better, but the texture was so much creamier. It’s amazing because tahini isn’t something you’d eat with a spoon, but you can make a tahini dip, baba ghanoush (coming next week!) or even a yogurt dip as I did the other day out of greek yogurt, tahini, red pepper flakes and garlic.
Colour me happy.
| WHAT YOU’LL NEED // SHOP MY FAVORITE INGREDIENTS & PREP PRODUCTS |
How To Make Tahini
- 16 oz Sesame Seeds (I used an entire container of Bob's Red Mill Natural Brown Sesame Seeds)
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pour all the sesame seeds on a cookie sheet and spread over the entire sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes - this process helps to toast the seeds and add flavour.
- Once finished, remove from baking sheet and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour sesame seeds into your food processor or blender (I use my Ninja) and turn on, pulsing, then add the olive oil. Blend for about 2 minutes, until creamy, scraping down the edges every now and then.
RELATED POSTS USING TAHINI