Spicy, festive guacamole that is PERFECT for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations and any other party celebrations!
Sometimes you’ve got to just have yourself an imaginary guac party before the real guac party. With Corona, chips and cards.
I mean, isn’t that a lot of what food blogging is about? Maybe I’ve never made Christmas cookies in July, but I do end up celebrating food holidays and national holidays way before the actual time.
Not that I mind. In this case, who wouldn’t want a pre Cinco de Mayo party and a real one? And P.S., I tell you this because, we are all human, and I want to make your real Cinco de Mayo party a great one. I do these crazy fun things for you. I also need you to try this guacamole.
This guacamole is insanely low maintenance, easy to make and incredibly delicious. The essential elements involve a pico de gallo and avocado, which on its own is crazy delicious, with amped up flavour. If you’re spice crazy like me, you can include the seeds of the jalapeños or chili, if not, you can remove the seeds.
With chips and crackers, this dip goes really fast. With a beer on the side, and an excuse for an early celebration, you’ll definitely be making this more than one time.
Here’s to more guacamole, and more pre-holiday imaginary parties!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoon scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño/chili, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime/lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Slice avocados in half lengthwise, remove pits and scoop pulp into bowl with a spoon.
- Mash avocados with a fork.
- Place onions, chill and tomato in a medium bowl and mix together by tossing lightly.
- Mix in lime juice and cilantro into onion mixture, and let sit for 5 minutes. Add to mashed avocados and mix together with a spoon until incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you enjoyed this Guacamole, you’ll enjoy these Beer Battered Fish Tacos with Sriracha Mayo!
How about these Breakfast Tacos with Pico de Gallo!
You’ll also love these Chicken Enchiladas!