It’s December!!! I’ve been silent for a while but I’m definitely back! Christmas is my favourite holiday and I can’t wait until it’s Christmas Day!!
These cookies are ideal for your holiday gathering, or to give away to someone as a food gift. The ginger adds the kick of flavour you’d expect and then some; and the balance between the molasses and the ginger creates a divine overall cookie experience – perfect for fulfilling cookie cravings!
Makes 4 dozen smaller cookies, about 1 dozen and a half huge cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter (1 1/2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses*
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- sugar for rolling
- *donu0027t have molasses? Mix 1/2 cup of dark corn syrup with 1/2 cup of brown sugar as a suitable substitute.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large bowl with a fork. Mix in the egg and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and ginger. Mix into the egg/molasses mixture in 4 parts.
- Roll dough into 1 inch size balls or use a 1 1/4 -inch ice cream scoop. Roll in sugar to coat thoroughly. Place on a cookie sheet with baking mat or parchment paper (you will need more than one if making the entire recipe).
- Bake 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool partially before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.