Creamy Coconut Spinach and Mushroom Quinoa
cups cooked quinoa
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon olive oil
cup chopped raw mushrooms
Salt & Pepper to taste
cloves garlic, minced
cups raw spinach
tablespoons coconut milk
Lime, for squeeze over
- Cook quinoa , adding one clove of the garlic to the mixture.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Remember to remove quinoa from heat after cooking for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the pan and stir together, coating. Season with fresh sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Allow the mushrooms to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and softer.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in the garlic and stir with the mushrooms, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and the coconut milk to the mushroom mixture and stir. Cover with the lid and allow to cook for another 3 minutes until spinach becomes wilted. Remove lid and stir to combine everything. Season with more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Add the quinoa to the pan and stir everything together until combined.
- Serve immediately with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the top. Enjoy!
- 1. This recipe is vegan and gluten free. 2. You can add even more spinach and mushroom if you so desire to the dish. I used baby bella mushrooms, but you can use any variation that you want, bearing in mind a possible change in cook time.
- HOW TO STORE QUINOA After the dish has cooled completely, transfer to a air-tight tupperware container. Place in the fridge and store for 3-4 days.
- HOW TO FREEZE QUINOA If freezing, store as above, and then place in the freezer, or in a freezer friendly zipper plastic bag. Remove from the freezer when needed reheat in a heated pan until thawed.