Posted by Jessicahttp://jessicainthekitchen.com/creamy-chocolate-avocado-pudding-v-gf/
© 2017 Jessica In The Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
small ripe avocado, pitted and peeled (mine was 6.5 ounces unpeeled. 3.18 ounces peeled)
cup coconut cream
cup maple syrup or agave nectar
small banana, mashed
cup unsweetened cocoa/cacao powder
tablespoon cacao nibs (or chocolate chips) (optional)
- Add the avocado and coconut cream to a food processor and pulse together until incorporated.
- Add the maple syrup, banana and cocoa powder and blend until incorporated, about 15-30 seconds.
- Add the cacao nibs if desired and blend again.
- Scoop the pudding into one container or 3-4 mini containers. Cover the top with saran wrap, pressing until the pudding so that water doesn't condense in the pudding.
- Place in your fridge for at least 3 hours to set.
- Garnish with a mint leaf, coconut whipped cream and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
1. This recipe is vegan and gluten free. You can easily double or triple this recipe!
2. HOW TO STORE THIS PUDDING This pudding lasts in your fridge for about 2-3 days based on when your avocado ripened.
3. How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream for the top click here. I don't recommend skipping this step because it provides a beautiful contrast to the sweet pudding. You can also use it sans any sweetener.
4. For the very thick cream in the actual pudding, you can buy the very thick cream or put your can in the freezer for a few hours. After a few hours, turn the can upside down, screw the top off and and pour out the liquid on top. Then scoop the solids of the coconut milk out of the jar. You can set the little liquid that's left back in the fridge or drink it.
5. This is a delicious and rich pudding, so that's why the serving size is set as 1 mini pudding which is about ¼ cup pudding.