Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
small ripe avocado, pitted and peeled (mine was 6.5 ounces unpeeled. 3.18 ounces peeled)
cup coconut cream
cup maple syrup or agave nectar
small banana, mashed
cup unsweetened cocoa/cacao powder
tablespoon cacao nibs (or chocolate chips) (optional)
- Add the avocado and coconut cream to a food processor and pulse together until incorporated.
- Add the maple syrup, banana and cocoa powder and blend until incorporated, about 15-30 seconds.
- Add the cacao nibs if desired and blend again.
- Scoop the pudding into one container or 3-4 mini containers. Cover the top with saran wrap, pressing until the pudding so that water doesn't condense in the pudding.
- Place in your fridge for at least 3 hours to set.
- Garnish with a mint leaf, coconut whipped cream and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
- This recipe is vegan and gluten free. You can easily double or triple this recipe!
- HOW TO STORE THIS PUDDING This pudding lasts in your fridge for about 2-3 days based on when your avocado ripened.
- You can make the coconut whipped cream by mixing some coconut cream with maple syrup and stirring until barely sweetened. I don't recommend skipping this step because it provides a beautiful contrast to the sweet pudding.
- This is a delicious and rich pudding, so that's why the serving size is set as 1 mini pudding which is about ¼ cup pudding.