Christmas Brownie Trees
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Red & Green M&Ms (No Peanuts)
- Tree Cutter
- In a medium bowl combine sifted (yes, sifting is very important) flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside. In saucepan, over medium heat, bring sugar, butter and water to boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup chips and vanilla (or any flavouring you like or both) Stir till smooth. Cool 5 minutes. Remember, you want to make sure its cool enough that the eggs don't cook in the heat (or...that'd be a BIG problem).
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time until well mixed. Add flour mixture and combine.
- Add 1 cup chips and combine quickly - if the chips melt, its okay, although it's never happened to me.
- Pour into a greased, parchment lined, or a greased foil-lined 8x8 square pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven set at 325. for 35 minutes. (if doubling it let bake for an additional 3-5 minutes). Cool completely. Cut into 16 pieces, or 8 if you like them big.
- Cut out as many tree brownies as you can either after cutting the brownies so that they are easier to remove.
- Decorate with M&Ms to mimic Christmas Tree Lights.