I feel you all deserve one glorious meal a week. Well, you deserve about 7 actually, but you get my drift :).
I’ll ensure that although these recipes don’t take 5 minutes,
They are simple.
They are absolutely delicious.
They won’t take up your whole morning/afternoon.
Your stomach will say thank you because mine does.
Since I’m a tad late, I’ll be starting with something I discovered from no other than Joy The Baker aka a no fail recipe. Joy, I love you, I just want you to know that.
Carrot Cake Pancakes. Oh, sweet glory.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
Carrot Cake Pancakes Joy the Baker Adapted from the Food Network
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown or granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Place the shredded carrots in a microwavable bowl with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes. Remove, stir the carrots around a bit. Microwave again for 4 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the batter.
- In a bowl, combine flour, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots, and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir carrot mixture into dry ingredients until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on the top of pancake; flip and cook until golden brown.
- For topping, blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with pancakes.